Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Love makes the world go 'round

The second block for my Facebook BOM is called "Love Makes the World Go 'round."

Here is a picture of the designer's finished block:
 

I plan to use the Kaffe Fassett "Maps" fabric for the outside border, the same fabric I used for the globe in the January block. I have not yet decided what fabrics to use for the hands, heart, or background. I would like to find a small scale print or solid that matches one of the colors in the "Maps" fabric for the background, maybe pull out two others for the hands. I would like the heart to be a bold floral.

Another project I am working on is this:


I used a charm pack of Kaffe Fassett 2011 fabrics to make this little baby quilt. I just need to sandwich and bind it. I am debating over the backing fabric. I bought two yards of "Chard" in leafy, but now I am second guessing myself. I am considering instead ordering some of the tile flower fabric in green.

I am calling this one "Cafe Windows."  The baby's father owns a little cafe, and I thought the world play of Kaffe and Cafe was fun.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment