Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

BOM progress

Life has been crazy busy. My daughter and her husband are in the process of a divorce, and it has been, to say the least, ugly. I have been helping with my little grandson, who turned a whole year old in January. I have been watching him on weekends when his mom works, and spending time transporting him back and forth between his parents' houses. Not fun at all, and really cuts into the quilting time.

I had a little time on Tuesday to work on some of my block of the month projects.


This is the first block of an Accuquilt block of the month I joined sort of spontaneously. It is being sold by a woman who is on one of my Facebook quilting groups and it is only $5 a month, shipping included. I am less than impressed with accuquilt's instructions. I had to redo this block. It is supposed to be 12" finished, but the first time it was only 11.5 inches unfinished. This time, it is 12 inches unfinished. Bah humbug.And it is not even squared up yet. I think I need to recalibrate my 1/4 inch seam on my new machine. Perhaps it is a tad off?
 
This is the second Accuquilt block. The pattern had multiple colors, while this interpretation only has three. The brown seems a bit dull compared to the sample....but I will reserve judgment!
 

This is the fourth block (third month) of the Celtic Crystals BOM. I promise to get outside sometime soon, assuming it is ever both daylight and sunny one day when I am home!  I am a bit irritated that I will lose some of my points in the seams. Again, I think I need to calibrate my 1.4 inch seam. Bother.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment